The Department of Personnel and Labor Relations is responsible for the administration of all personnel and labor relations activities, including:
- Employee recruitment and hiring in compliance with applicable collective bargaining agreements and the city’s Affirmative Action Plan.
- Maintaining all personnel records.
- Employee training.
- Administering the city’s DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- Tracking and monitoring work-related injuries and absences and administering the city’s Return to Work Program.
- The administration of the city’s 401(k) Pension Plan.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal laws with regard to employment.
- Collective bargaining.
- Contract administration and interpretation.
- Employee relations and grievance resolution.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of West Haven is an equal opportunity agency and does not discriminate in its hiring practices, promotional policies on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran status, attainment of benefits, and any other basis prohibited by Connecticut or federal law.