West Haven, CT


Can I pay my taxes online?

Yes. All credit and debit card payments can be paid by clicking on the link View & Pay Bills at the top of the Office of the Tax Collector page. Point and Pay charges a convenience fee. All major credit and debit cards are accepted.

Tax Collector web page.

Where do I get licenses and certificates?

The City Clerk handles birth, marriage and death certificates, as well as licenses for dogs, hunting/fishing, liquor, marriage and trade names. Please contact Deborah Collins at dcollins@westhaven-ct.gov or call the office at 203-937-3535 for more information.

City Clerk Web Page

I am a potential/new business/resident. Where can I get more information about West Haven?

The West Haven Chamber of Commerce can put together a package of information for any potential, new or current businesses and residents. For information, contact the chamber at West Haven Chamber of Commerce or 203-933-1500. We also recommend browsing this website for information about city events and news. A copy of the new business sign off sheet can be found in the Forms section of the Assessor, Building, Planning, Health or Town Clerks page.

West Haven Chamber of Commerce

I am trying to find out what I owe on my car taxes.

All tax balances can be viewed under the Tax Collector Department's page on this website. You can also call the main number of the tax office at 203-937-3525 for more information.

What is my mill rate?

The mill rate can be found on the City Assessor's page.